After the success of the first SNEAK GAMING Session as an online format, we have decided to continue SNEAK GAMING as a virtual event series – even in post-Corona times in addition to future on-site sessions. On 14 May 2020 the second edition of SNEAK GAMING took place – with five selected games from Austria. Again, games in different stages of development were presented. Each game got a slot of 30 minutes for presentation, feedback, discussion and of course sneaky peeks into the gameplay.
We are proud to include the following games and developers in our SNEAK GAMING Showcase:
- The puzzle game #TORY was created by Aleksandra Jarosz (Pigmentum Game Studio) during a game-jam and deals with the question on how hashtags create a digital narration about our life and global events, in particular the #COVID-19 crisis.
- “Bone Rush” is the first board game that was presented in a SNEAK GAMING session and was invented by Michael Zelenka and Anna Chatzionnidis during the master course “Game Studies” at the Center for Applied Game Studies at the Danube University Krems. In the game, players are taken back to the year 1850 and take part in an adventurous hunt for dinosaur bones.
- In “Project Override” players control a little robot through a thrilling 2d metroidvania where your choices really matter. The game is currently in pre-alpha stage and is developed by Maria Efthymiadou, Simon Bernard & Thomas Rizzolli (Healing Bullet Games), students from the master program on Game Studies and Engineering at Alpen-Adria-University Klagenfurt.
- In “Space Avenger – the Empire of Nexx” players embark on an exciting battle in space against the Empire of Nexx with multiple ships and tons of upgrading options. The developers of the game Jürgen Brunner (living in Linz) and Clément Willay from France have perfected online collaboration in game development as they have actually never met before in their lives in person.
- “Weaving Tides” takes players on a journey through a mysterious world to be saved by weaving, sewing and stitching. Verena Demel, Klaus Fehkührer, Michael Huber and Sebastian Rangger, the team from “Follow the Feathers” are currently running a successful Kickstarter campaign to put the finishing touches to their game. Only hours after the session, the students-become-studio entrepreneurs reached their € 18´000.- goal.
What happens in the SNEAK GAMING session, stays in the SNEAK GAMING session – there is no video recording of the session, but have a look at some sneaky screenshots:
Thanks to everyone who was there! It was a pleasure! See you next time:
Save the date for June 4th (19:00 – 21:00)! All game developers are very welcome to submit their games for the next SNEAK GAMING session (deadline: June 1st – 17:oo).