At the end of this very special year of 2020, we once again wanted to gather the Austrian gaming scene in virtual space. And this time SNEAK GAMING was going to be extra big!
Our SNEAK GAMING XL session took place December 10th from 4 to 10pm and was packed with 15 awesome Austrian game projects – from early builds to recently published games. To present these games and provide deeper insights into the game development, we have come up with a new virtual format that allows further exchange around the games in addition to the usual Zoom session. During the SNEAK GAMING XL event (and also beyond) both text- and voice-channels of the participating games were available on the brandnew SUBOTRON discord server. Furthermore, the Zoom session was also hosted on the SUBOTRON Twitch Channel. On top, our friends Conny Lee and Christian Stipkovits from the FM4 Spielekammerlshow handpicked five of the submitted games, played them and chatted with the devs live on their Twitch channel from 7 – 9pm.
What a programme! Have a look at our SNEAKY TIMETABLE and try to guess the participating games before you read further:
And here is the conclusion. These 15 games were part of SNEAK GAMING XL – with many different possibilities to jump into gaming adventures:
- “Battle Dome” by Oliver Wendelin: Become the last standing mobile gladiator in a futuristic arena brawler.
- “Festival Tycoon” by Johannes Gäbler: Instead of missing dancing in mud all night long because of a pandemic, create your own festival.
- “Help Yourself” by Philipp Sigl, Arnold Holler, Daniel Wiendl, Melanie Bartl & Christian Höll: Clone yourself cleverly in a VR time loop to multiply your skills.
- “Kitty Madness” by Jakob Lindner & Marlene Huber: The floor is still lava, so why not throw stuff in it?
- “Light in the Dark” by Irene Holec, Christoph Cudly, Contanze Ellmauer, Simeon Quant & Kaßberger Felix: Guard your glowing soul in a gloomy VR stealth puzzler.
- “Octarina” by Slavko Ivanovic, Martin Wolf, Katrin Mair, Nadine Bartosch, Dhana Panzer & Christopher Pöschl: Use your sticky tentacles to escape the sushi factory.
- “Randomazer” by Thomas Ilg: Roll through an ever changing maze on an Atari ST.
- “SpongeBob SquarePants – Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated” by Purple Lamp Studios: Show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs on all platforms.
- “Uchusenban” by Paul Westreicher & Lukas Prader: Move, slice and even teleport blocks in a 3D space ship manager.
- “UEBERNATURAL” by Jürgen Brunner (ILIKESCIFI Games): Take the black pixel car to slay monsters and investigate crime with your brother.
Featured by FM4 Spielekammerl:
- “Bots Are Stupid” by Leander Edler-Golla: Help Robots through platforming levels and learn how to code on the flying hook.
- “Monster Hunt Vienna” by Tamer Aslan, Philipp Ehmann, Simon Schwaighofer, Daniela Aleman, Liina Paasuke & Nathalie Harms: Stroll around town safely in street view and find out about monsters’ histories.
- “Silicon Dreams” by Clockwork Bird Games: Interrogate and manipulate androids and find out if they´re just like you.
- “Summit” by Dominik Hackl: Leave avalanches and other catastrophes behind and jump to the peak.
- “Wicked Lands” by Thomas Weiss (Hugging Dragons): Slay ogres, rob tombs, barter with witches – or tame a cockatrice, to gain fame & riches.
You missed the session? Get some impressions of the presentations in the following screenshots and of course we again proudly present all the games in our SNEAK GAMING Showcase.
The next SNEAK GAMING session will be announced on our website and via our Social Media channels (@subotron & @appliedgames). However, you are welcome to submit your analogue, digital or hybrid game projects anytime via http://www.sneakgaming.at/developers.
The SNEAK GAMING team wishes you a playful Christmas and looks forward to seeing you again in 2021!
Natalie Denk & Simon Wimmer (Center for Applied Game Studies)
Jogi Neufeld (SUBOTRON)
Constantin Kraus (sneaky Graphics and Illustrations)